pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

appearances are decieving

4 Jun 2005

Sometimes I am a bit of a paradox. I presume most people who know me would say that I was and outgoing and confident person. I would say I am a loudmouth who speaks first, thinks later and often puts her foot in it. I am compassionate and tolerant (but I can't tolerate intolerance) and quite sure of myself on an intellectual level. But the appearance, well, I just am not that confident on that front. However, a few bizzare things have happened to me over the past weeks have made me downright paraniod about my looks.

Thing 1 - I got mistaken for a twelve year old girl.

At the fibre festival thingo recently, I was chatting away to Kerrie of handspun glory fame when this delightful old duck dressed in an amazing handknitted ankle length coat of riotous colours approached me.

Lovely old duck: "my, aren't you growing up?"

Me (racking champagne soaked brain for a memory. Nothing. I thought maybe she was one of my high school teachers or something): "Um, where do you know me from?"

She became confused and looked at Kerrie, "isn't this the little girl who works in your shop?"

Kerrie - laughing like mad: "who, Julia!!? No, no, this is not Julia"

Me (to Kerrie): "How old is Julia, since she is growing up so nicely?"

Kerrie: "she's twelve!"

Imagine that, being mistaken for a twelve year old! I mean I have E cup boobs for heavens sake!

Methinks lovely old duck may have early onset dementia!

Thing 2 - a hairdresser's view of my current hairstyle
The following Friday I go to a five year old girl's birthday party at Hungry Jacks (well actually, I don't go, but my four year old goes and she doesn't drive. pity.)
During the cake cutting and singing of Happpy Birtday to you this happens:

Acquaintance (who happens to be a hairdresser): "Ailsa, come here for a second"
Me (grave mistake. I go over to her.)
Acquaintance: "I'm looking for models for my salon. We're doing some training and I'm getting a master cutter in to demonstrate a haircut. Then me and my apprentice will re-do the haircut, with the master cutter supervising. I think you'd be a great candidate for this because.............(wait for it)...................

YOUR HAIR IS DOING NOTHING FOR YOU HANGING DOWN AROUND YOUR FACE LIKE THAT."

Me: "Oh, don't look at it now! I haven't done a thing to it today"

Acquaintance: "but even when we were out the other night and it was done, I still think we could give you a better look - couldn't we Karen?"

Karen (she's a beauty ferapist - she told me so - does anyone know what that is?): "Yes I think you should do it"

Me: "excuse me I have to go now"

Later I enter the birthday girls house with kids in tow for a drink with the parents - I make a cluttering and noisy entrance - "Sorry I'm late, I had to go home and put this hat on because that hairdresser friend of yours said my hair looked SHIT"

Naturally hairdresser friend is sitting on the couch. I didn't see her when I came in. Oops.

Anyway I went on Tuesday night and had the extreme makeover. The master cutter snipped away for an hour and not a single person has noticed a difference in my haircut yet.


Thing 3 - I don't have a gap like this. Apparently you're supposed to.

Head over to the knitting revolutionary and find out what this is about.

I'd put the emoticon of a paper bag over the head but it won't work. dang these newfangled gadgets!


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns