pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Touch - Fibre Exhibition

10 May 2005

Um, so there was this girl right? And she developed an addiction to knitting and crocheting. One day she was sitting in the office surfing the net for a good yarn/ free pattern (she had not yet discovered the knit blog) when she recieved an email. The email said, "there's a girl with a stall of goodies up at the farmer's markets in the mall today, I can't beleive such gorgeous yarns exist, you should go up there, you would like it". So, I go up there and buy a lentil curry for my lunch and have a squizz at the table of yarn. And that's how I met Donni. She told me about snb and then sp4 - and so in a way she is responsible for the existence of this blog.

So this Donni chick, she's having a fibre artist exhibition with some of her fibre artist friends. I would scan the invitation (they're pretty flash) but mine MUST HAVE GOT LOST IN THE POST!!! So I'll just copy from the flyer I handed out at snb last week.

6 fibre artists - one exhibition
TOUCH

Indulge your senses.
10% sales towards the Breast Cancer Callenge.

The OLD Court House
Cnr Cliff Road and Harbour Streets
Belmore Basin
Wollongong

Demonstrations all weekend. Saturday afternoon knit-in, BYO everything except coffee and tea provided.

I'll probably crash the opening night. I may take a few photos. I will definitely be critiqueing the quality of the canapes (hear that Donni?) and the quantity of the champagne on this blog the next day.

So I wish her luck. She is really quite talented. And she supplies my yarn habit so it is my interest to be nice to her.

Any of you thinking of a daytrip to Wollongong with a bit of a fibre fix included you are most warmly welcome.

This post contains cultural bias: ie Stall = table at a market, not a toilet cubicle.
Mall = an outdoor avenue/park/recreational facility that may or may not be fringed with retail outlets, not a giant shopping centre.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns