pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Alexander Beetle

3 Apr 2006

Do you remember that nursery rhyme, Alexander Beetle?

We were taught it in infants school and I've never forgotten it. It was written by A A Milne (thank you commenter), although Google attributes it more to that great hippy chick Melanie Safka and is on an album of hers which to this day I think is one of the best albums of all time.

Well, I've just this minute done something like the nanny in that song. My husband found a baby Eastern Water Dragon in the pool when he was cleaning it. Blair was ecstatic. They put it in a shoebox with some dirt and some leaves. Blair caught a moth and force fed the poor thing.

When I got home last night I gave it some water and sternly told Blair that she had to let it go. She protested like I was about to execute it. I said we could wait until morning.

This morning I said there was no way I was going to stand by and allow her to starve a baby lizard to death in a box inside my home. She said "but it eats bacon".

I gave some bacon to the lizard and cut a hole in the top of the box. We covered the hole with cling film. I took them to school. "The lizard must be set free this afternoon" I said to her.

Guess what? The stupid lizard went and escaped from the box! I saw it scamper across the dining table and onto the sunroom floor, it was so quick I lost sight of it. My life is so not going to be worth living when I get that child home from school and she finds out.

I think it is still in the house. So, I've set a trap with some plastic lizards, a lamb cutlet bone and a saucer of water. I hope I can find it and catch it before 3 o clock.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns