pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Knitabulous and Mog's excellent adventure

29 Mar 2006


"It's time I had a break" says I to husband. "I would like a weekend away"

"OK" says husband, "where, when and how much?"

I decided to go to Sydney for the weekend as it's close and I can be away only one night and still feel like I've had proper time out. I emailed him at work a list of hotel specials from wotif, says I "here's a list of the places I'd like to stay, could you pick one and make the reservation?"

I might point out that I could have done this myself if I had access to the families' cash. However, we learnt long ago if we wanted to eat the week before payday it was better for me not to have free access to such temptation. It's not subservience, it's just prudent fiscal management. Also far less stressful for me because he does all the household bills too, and what an ugly job that must be.

On the top of the list was a hotel I felt out of our price range, to put it mildly. I put it on the list not thinking for a second that he'd choose that one. Alan never goes for the most expensive wine on the wine list, nor the cheapest. He usually goes the second cheapest, thus camouflaging any miserly thoughts and making it look like me knows more about it than he actuall does. Works a treat.

Imagine my suprise then when he made reservations at ...................

wait for it .....................


THE OBSERVATORY HOTEL




Later he says to me, "darling, where are the children going to stay the weekend we're in Sydney?"

I replied; "oh sweetheart, I thought you understood. I'm not going with you. I'm going with her"

I am so excited. We're going to buy yarn, meander in bookstores and antique shops and drink cocktails.

We'll be gatecrashing, no, making an appearance, no, visiting SSK on Saturday afternoon for some knitting and that, so if you're in the area I presume they won't mind me inviting you too.

Here's a few pictures to get me in the mood.




Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns