pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

For Mrs Rigby (rip)

4 Mar 2006

It's funny that this meme should come up as from a commenter from my last post as it has made me think about all the wonderful english teachers I have had and how much influence they had in me becoming a lover of books and of reading. One teacher in particular stands out in my memory. She used to get us to do cryptic crosswords in class when we were 13. Everyone thought she was a cranky bitch but I thought she was ok and she was kind enough to show me some respect in return. So, Mrs Rigby (rip) this is for you.

Look at the list of books below. Bold the ones you've read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won't, underline the ones on your book shelf, and place parentheses around the ones you've never even heard of.

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown ON SHELF
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger ON SHELF
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams - ON SHELF
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald - ON SHELF - ONE OF MY FAVOURITES
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee ON SHELF - A FAVOURITE
(The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger)
(His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling - ON SHELF
(Life of Pi - Yann Martel) WOULD READ
Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell ON SHELF
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller ON SHELF I CAN'T REMEMBER IF I HAVE READ IT OR NOT
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien ON SHELF
(The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon)
Lord of the Flies - William Golding ON SHELF
1984 - George Orwell ON SHELF
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling ON SHELF
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
(The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini)
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
(Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut )
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown - ON SHELF BUT I WON'T BE READING IT
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
(Neuromancer - William Gibson)
(Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson)
The Secret History - Donna Tartt MY FAVOURITE BOOK OF ALL TIME
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley ON SHELF
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis ON SHELF
(Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides)
(Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell)
The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien ON SHELF
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte ON SHELF
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman ON SHELF BUT HUSBAND'S THING NOT REALLY MY CUP OF TEA
(Atonement - Ian McEwan)
(The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood ANOTHER FAVOURITE
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
(Dune - Frank Herbert)

I have copies of most of the books I've read, and I found if I hadn't read them I hadn't even heard of them. I must say that since I had the children I hardly read at all sadly, whereas before I used to practically eat books. I miss it.

Take it if you want it.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns