pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Girl you'll be a woman soon

10 Jun 2007

If you look on my left sidebar under 'knitting alone' you will see that I've finished all but one of the projects on that list.

Which may lead you to conclude that the only wip I have on the needles is the ROE shawl.

Not so at all:

Here's the state of my current WIP's (EXCLUDING the ROE shawl)



Don't you dare call this a ripple blanket! When I made mum's feather and fan scarf, I kind of got hypnotised by the pattern. So, with some very soft merino from that EVIL PLACE, a blanket for Blair's bed was started. I'm liking how this one is turning out.



I found it! It was behind the gas heater which had been put away in the cupboard earlier this year. See how it's grown. This is a backstop project, for times when it's after midnight and I'm too tired to start something new.


Eunny Jang's print o the wave stole. I seem to have misplaced the other ball of purple ksh required to finish this - I'll have to buy some more.


The beginnings of a black peacock feathers shawl in belisa cashmere obtained from the Royal Easter Show. No deadline here, as long as it's done for the exhibition next year I'll be happy.


Not too shabby, not too daunting. None of these projects have any deadlines, they're happy enough to be backstop projects.

Which is just as well, because they're about to get usurped by a knit so inspiring, so beautiful, so incredibly cool that it will change the way you think about knitting.

Or something like that.

COMMENTERS:

Romelda: I'm very glad your son enjoyed his trip in Australia. With the activities I've seen in Cape Tribulation I'd say he'd have had a hard time not to, I beleive it to be all beer and skittles up there. Tell him sorry about the storms we've had the past few days in NSW, and that I hope he didn't go surfing in that five metre ground swell. Also, if he might try and get to see the oil tanker that's run aground on the beach in Newcastle - that's not something that happens every day.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns