pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Fair Weather Friends

30 May 2007

Such fair weather friends you lot are - but I love you all the more for it. On the rare occassions I post about being ill usually hails a deafening silence in the comment area - I guess I deserve it. Lucky I wasn't trawling for sympathy.

As a matter of fact, I've noticed any post I make which is non-knitting related elicits few comments in general. It's like I make these little babies, nurture and feed them and then send them off into the internet abyss - 'do well my little one' - but I can never tell which ones will be notable and which ones are sinkers.

The commentless posts are always my favourites, so I won't be stopping them anytime soon regardless. Still, it's interesting isn't it?

Moving right along, I've finished SARCELLE.




Project Specifications:

Pattern: Sarcelle by Cookie A (obsessed with her at the minute)
Yarn: Bloomfield by Heritage Spinning and Weaving (store only, no online)
Modifications: I only did three repeats across instead of seven because of the fingering weight yarn used instead of cobweb.
Comments: Make one, you'll love it. Mine is going to my SP4 recipient, so I'll have to make another one for myself.



Commenters (blogger won't let me reply in person, and I would dearly like to, so here's my solution)

Michelle, who asked about the toe-up/cuff-down question on the monkey socks - I just did it like the pattern says - cuff down.

Jussi - I wouldn't be caught dead in Starbucks either.

Donna368 - I don't have the cashmere yarn yet, it has not yet been released. I've just coveted it from the knitters review site where they reviewed it. Am looking forward to getting my paws on some though.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns