pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Summer of Bruschetta

23 Jan 2006

I read on someone's blog recently about how they went to their husband's work christmas party and wore a handknitted lace stole, sat next to a woman wearing a garter stitch fun fur rectangle and guess who got all the oohing and aahing over the magnificent creation? (Rhetorical question, you know the answer)

We have at work what's called the 'twelve morning teas of Christmas' where we pair up in groups and host twelve morning teas leading up to Christmas Day. One year I made tiny burgers on cocktail sticks. I hand rolled and cooked a million or so little tiny beef burgers, hand made two million tiny rolls with yeast and everything and bought micro greens and sliced baby beets - I even topped them with a chutney on them made from scratch. My partner made, among other yummy things, a microwaved chocolate fudge cake. Can you guess who got all the glory? I'll give you a hint, her name did not start with an A.

Earlier tonight (before I drank a few beers, half a bottle of yellowglen and half a bottle of Cricket Pitch red) my husband made the bruschetta for the friends we had around for an impromptu bbq. He failed to DESEED the tomatoes (!), hacked them into pieces of a RANDOM and COARSE nature, omitted the EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil, and I think may have splashed BALSAMIC VINEGAR in it (heresy!).

Guess what???? They were raving about it.

Which leads me to ponder, who are these philistines visiting my home??????


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns