pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

What do I do now?

6 Jan 2006

What do you all DO in the night if you don’t smoke cigarettes?????

I only used to smoke after the kids went to bed. Never in the day. Never ever inside the house. None of my work colleagues would ever consider me a smoker, unless of course I was drunk – which I rarely am at work.

But after the kids were asleep I’d sit outside and smoke fags and knit like a madwoman. And I loved it. It was like the unwind trigger, I would smoke and smoke and knit and knit and count stitches like an autistic savant.

So now I don’t smoke any more. The hours drag on forever in the evenings. I don’t watch much TV, we turn it on to watch a program and turn it off afterwards. After the kids go to bed if it’s not House or Survivor I barely notice it. That was because I was always outside.

Now that I am inside I don’t know what to do with myself. There’s still knitting of course, but I haven’t got a proper comfortable knitting spot in the house – I’ll have to work on that. There’s the internet – and I’m developing a penchant for stupid online games.

So now I am faced with the endless evenings. And when I finally do go to bed, I can’t sleep. I’ve been tossing and turning till 2 am all week. I would say it was some sort of withdrawal symptom probably – and that scares me. I’m also too scared to have a drink in case I lose what self control I do have and race of to the servo for 20 winnie silver. I joined weight watchers as well. I don’t do things by halves you know. And I’ve started to exercising again.

You know what I feel like?? I feel like the world’s most boring woman.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns