pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Is it co-incidence or just statistical error?

9 Jan 2006

There are a lot of knitting blogs. My rudimentary statistics knowledge (which they made me do for my degree) tells me that if you have a sample big enough then you'll get a random distribution which in turn means that the probability of an event is more likely to be evenly spaced among the population (ie: there will be no bias). Where am I going with this?? Just bear with me.

Yesterday I posted about the heirloom knitting shawls. Donna commented that she's got the book on order - have I mentioned that that girl is a walking yarn/pattern encyclopedia? Well she is, and I'd be most excited if she does bring the book to snb aka show and tell next month.

Well, you won't believe this but two knit bloggers have set up a new blog called the Princess Diaries, aimed at charting their journey ('charting' - lace pun - aw I'm funny) of discovery through their knitting of the princess shawl from Heirloom Knitting. I stumbled upon it by accident, I clicked on someones blog list and got the blue blog and it went from there.

Right now they're just talking about how scared they are. But knitterguy's swatching so I'll be keeping my eye on this one - they plan on it taking at least a year to complete this project.

The most startling thing I read was that the knitterguy knitted the spider queen shawl and keeps it in a freezer bag in his freezer. I wonder if there's ice cream in his wardrobe?

Oh, and if you want the pattern you can't have it. It was a limited release of 250, and won't be released again until 2010.

Anyhow, I gotta go, a friend's coming round for coffee with her littlies and I was supposed to shower half an hour ago.

Ciao bellas.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns