pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

It's a poltergoost

28 Sept 2005


See this little tiny ball of pink yarn? Isn't it pretty? Isn't it shiny? Wouldn't it make a lovely little lace shawl?

Yes I thought so too.

However, it has come to my attention that this little ball of yarn is possessed.

A few months ago I made a mini clapotis in this yarn. I wore it and wore it and wore it. It was my favourite scarf.

It got felted in the washing machine. I thought it was my mistake.

This week I have knitted, tinked, ripped back, knitted, tinked, ripped back over and over and over again trying to make this yarn into this.



I would get about fifty rows into it and whenever I put it down it would do a little genie dance and move yarnovers, lose stitches and pretty soon it would be FUBAR.

It took me about twenty attempts to give up. Still I blamed myself.

I was relatively undeterred. I cast on and made a fair bit of progress on this:



The same thing happened every time I put it down. I ploughed on, tink, knit, rip.

I give up. This pink froth has defeated me.

And that is why I have nothing to show for myself. I've been knitting all over the place, but in the end this yarn just wants to stay in a ball. Straight to the naughty cupboard, I'm going to try again with my leftover Kaalund Expressions.

I'll come back and deal with you later little ball of pink evil.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns