pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

My secret pal 5

17 Sept 2005

On Friday I was able to solve the mystery of who my sp5 could be. I received my final package in the mail - it had been detained in quarantine. I notice a few of the Australian parcels had been subject to this, they must be having a crackdown. Her name is Dani, and you can find her here.

She sent me two 220m hanks of Araucana Nature Wool in a steely blue and dusty pink. They are going to felt wonderfully, and are just the thing for any of the projects in the pursenalities book she sent me. Also, just so I wouldn't forget her, she sent me a knitting pattern a day desk calendar. And a knitters universe fall magazine. And some candy. And two little diy crafty kits for frudge magnets and little rockets. AND two packets of knitting notecards.

I have been blown away by the generosity of my sp5. I am still drooling over the alpaca cloud - and after the clapotis have enough left to make a very large lace scarf or even a stole perhaps. The dye your own which ended up the fuschia/pink cardigan for Lisa's baby has led to as many oohs and aahs as the baby itself. The Kureyon is the first time I have ever owned any of the iconic Noro. The big tote bag is a permanent fixture at my feet at snb and most nights on the sofa. The books are on the library shelf and have been well thumbed. I've used the snb knitters handbook like a million times. Now I've got the felted bag book, the desk calendar, even more fantastic yarn. Not to mention the great comments on my blog.

But you know what? She saved the best bit till last. Finding out who she was and reading her blog was a real treat. She lives in Long Island and we have quite a bit in common - I would say we're of the same tribe.

Thank you Dani, you have been absolutely the best secret pal, and thanks too to sp5 for forging friendships across the globe.

Praise the knitting.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns