pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Tragic but True

1 Dec 2007

Just happened ....

My car is always parked in the locked garage, with the keys and my handbag in it. (That will explain why I never hear my mobile phone unless I am in the car). The garage is attached to the house via a door/entry/foyer thing which leads to the office area.

A few hours ago, I was clearing out the car of school backpacks, chip packets and junk (and possibly retrieving my purse for an online yarn purchase), the dog jumped in the car and looked up expectantly. I left him in it with the car door open and went back to my Saturday potterings. At some point the dog got out of the car and has been following me around for a while. The car door was still open.

A few minutes ago, I went into the garage and noticed the dog had walked on the hazard light button (which is between the front seats). The car was flashing in the dark garage like a lighthouse. Not thinking, I shut the door.

Oh no. Door is now locked. Dog must have locked the doors as well. Oh no. Keys in ignition, car locked. Handbag in car. Oh no. Alan at shops, keys locked in car, hazard lights on. Battery will go flat, car locked, keys in ignition.

Panic. Heart beats faster. Oh no. Keys locked in car. Battery will go flat. Hazard lights on. Where are spare keys? Look look look.

Find spare keys. Stand in front of car pressing unlock button on spare key. Battery in key flat. What kind of battery goes in a car key? Key not working. Press, press, press. Panic. Panic. Panic. Car locked, keys in ignition, hazard lights flashing, unlock button on spare key not working.

What to do, what to do? Call NRMA? Am I a member of NRMA? Call roadside assist of car manufacturer? Am I a member of roadside assist of car manufacturer?

Suddenly, solution appears. Guess what? Car keys can be used like this.


Genius, I am.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns