pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

40 is the new 30

18 Nov 2007

On the day of my party I was relaxing in the basin of the hair salon when I felt the fingers of the shampoo girl freeze. 'Adam', she says, 'come here, I want to talk to you'. Adam (the hairdresser) comes over to the basin. I sensed something was wrong - their voices were controlled, their conversation was about nothing - but it was clear by the amount of squirting noises I could hear from various bottles and the kind of frenzied activity that appeared to be going on around my head that I was the victim of a BLEACHED HAIR AT THE BASIN DISASTER.

Of course I didn't realise the enormity of the disaster until I got home - it's amazing how a salon blow dry and a bit of bluff can fool the customer.

And so it came to pass that I had to attend my own birthday party with the ugliest haircut and worst hair colour in recent memory. Luckily, as my hairdresser said to me 'don't worry, you are still a human being' - which kind of put it all into perspective.

So, with cocktail frock on, champagne in hand and a dodgy mane, I threw a little bash in the backyard.


Steve with the heiress and her husband.

I also must thank Donna for organising the most wonderful group of women to chip in and buy me the bestest of presents - a Jordana Paige Bella bag in white and a voucher from a lingerie shop (funny, I seemed to get a few of those - wonder why?).

I love the bag so much it's going to have it's own post. Thank you Donni, Jussi, Jae, Sharon, Rox and Donna - it's a great present. I love you guys.



Donni, Donna and me. Don't look at the hair!


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns