pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Christmas Fare

26 Dec 2007

My mother can't cook to save her life. She's never followed a recipe and is about as gourmet as cheese singles. As a result of this, if I wanted something edible for Christmas Dinner since I've become and adult, I've had to do it myself. Dad makes a great show of roasting a turkey to death, but the rest is up to us. I've never had the luxury of arriving at my parent's house and doing nothing except be waited on.

But, as I've mentioned earlier, my sister recently moved to the region. And, for the first time in about seven years, I didn't host Christmas Dinner At My House.

It was the best Christmas in seven years.

Afterwards, the 'children' played with their new toys.


Then we went for a long walk on the beach and inspected the life in the rock pools. These are the things that lasting memories are made of - I almost burst to think how wonderful my children's relationship is with their grandparents, (even if she can't cook) - probably better than mine was with them when they were my actual parents.


After that, I WENT HOME to a relatively clean kitchen.

Thank you KA, it was the best. christmas. ever.

An on that note, we're off to Mystery Bay Primitive Camping ground tomorrow for a week or so, so I'll be back early in the New Year - I'm assuming in the good old Australian way they're ignoring the stupid new law and letting campers in anyway.

I hope you had a wonderfully happy and peaceful Christmas and that you stay safe on the roads during the break.

Coming soon - the finished Ariann, and a self-designed cotton short swing cardigan to show off.
After that it's nothing but the lace until Easter.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns