10 Dec 2007
An unusual occurrence occurrenced at my house early last Thursday morning.
Lightning struck the electricity transformer box in front of my house.
Shoots of sparks like fireworks shot upwards into the sky. The power pole across the road spewed forth a fountain of sparks fit for an Australian Idol stage.
I rang 000. As did all the neighbours. The firemen came. They waited for the electricity people to come before they could put out the fire.
Good looking firemen everywhere. Twas all v exciting.
Till I was asked to leave the house and not come back until they were finished. Which was after 8 o clock that night.
Result? Lightning 1 - Knitabulous' house 0
Internet cable fried.
Auto garage door fried.
Alarm system fried.
Ducted airconditioning fried.
DVD player fried.
Other appliances are OK - but with the storm damage also pretty severe in Western Sydney also we are having trouble getting through to our insurer. So, it may be some time before I am back online on the big computer, the wireless connection is ok.