pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Tis the season for eating

23 Dec 2007

I don't much beleive in horoscopes or star signs, but there is at least one Scorpio trait that I have in spades, and that is my loyalty in friendships.

I don't email people much, I hate the telephone and I'm not on facebook. I tell it like it is and will not sugar coat anything. However, if you stick around long enough to see past this, you'll find I'm there for the long haul. Thick and thin.

And so, on Wednesay I went to visit one of my people whose friendship I consider to be silent and strong. We have hardly spoken since she moved from across the road (to greener pastures I might add) but no matter.

She shouted me lunch for my birthday. It was good eating, good talking and good coffee, in a fishbowl of a cup - cafe au lait as opposed to cafe latte.

It was Sharon of The Stripey Tiger (link on right, but she's no time for posting!), and we went into Berry for our lunch. Which is like going to the country, but with good shops. Which is usually the trade-off.

Monster cafe au lait!

Decisions decisions.


Twice cooked lamb and vege stack - it was the haloumi and the mushroom that swayed me in the end.

There were home-grown vegetables in a basket on the doorstep when we got back (that's the SECOND time I've seen that happen to Sharon, and homemade gifts galore.

Next time I'm going to stay the night, for the absence of wine was sorely missed.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns