pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Up Up and Away

16 Apr 2007

We got the exhibition up on Friday.

Many many thanks to all the bods who showed up to help. You know who you are.

Even my mum came and went into commandant mode (they invented the term control freak to describe her). She began by asking me if I didn't have anything more flattering to put on as I looked fat. She then moved on to the knitting.

However, in her defense, she's got over twenty years experience in china merchandising for David Jones, and she's a perfectionist, not a bad combination when you're trying to display a knitted afternoon tea.

I won't go on in words, I'll just post the pictures. It really looked beautiful, if I don't say so myself.

My favourite was the dressing table, but the shawls looked pretty spesh too. It's hard to photograph shawls inside, but the public loved them. (And thought they were crocheted, but there's non-knitters for you - they can't help it)

Wonderful to see so many visitors, at least 400 through the door, which I'd say would be a resounding success for Wollongong, and guest appearances from Rose Red and Retro Mummy made it even more special, how excitement when bloggers meet? And, even though she didn't make it in person, Cindy 2paw sent a lovely labrador card and a parcel of tea and shortbread which we'll enjoy together and think of you Cindy!

For more pictures, head on over to flickr, where all the images have been posted.







Roll on exhibition 2008 - where I will pass over the co-ordinating reins to someone else, so I can just show up, help, knit and chat. Without the worry.



Phew.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns