pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

My hundred metre a day habit

27 Mar 2007

I have a hundred metre a day habit. Yesterday though, I took too much and did three hundred metres. I will cut down, I promise.

Because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, in addition to knitting whimsy for the exhibition, I've also not neglected myself.

Progress report on 'flair' by knit and tonic.

Version 1
(Note to self: use 'fill-flash' on the camera)

Made in Rare Yarns Rare Fire Jewels yarn in about it's fifth incarnation.

Modifications made to the pattern: I made the moss stitch collar bigger so it would stand up and be more funnel like.

Comments: Let me tell something to you. These mannequins make everything look good. It isn't really proportionately correct and doesn't look so good (on me at least) - I miscalculated the gauge calculations. It may never get sleeves, and may never see the light of day again, which explains why it's pensively looking out of the window in a sulk.

(Well I'm not talking to you either Ms cardigan)


Version 2.



Ahh, now this one is more like it.

Even though the bottom is a bit scrunched up in the pic (it's still on the needle). It's made from Patons Jet, the alpaca not the vintage one, in the charcoal tweedy colour. I'm going to make it a bit longer than the first one to make it more Jean Shrimpton and less Sherlock Holmes.

Really pleased with how this is going.

Now I need to get out and find another 6.5mm circ to finish the sleeves.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns