pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Knitting - my frenemy

25 Feb 2007

I love my knitting. I hate my knitting. My knitting loves me, but is destroying me. Knitting isn't my friend, nor my enemy. It's a frenemy.

What am I banging on about? My knitting has been a bit of a problem for me lately. My husband absolutely hates it. My housework doesn't get done. I don't get enough sleep. I don't exercise. I spend too much time on the computer and at the needles. I really really spend too much time knitting. But I love it all the same.

It's all getting a bit out of hand. I need a strategy. Something has got to go. (I wonder if I'll miss him? lol).

I also spent hours trawling the blogs this morning and, like a fashion magazine, they only made me feel unacceptable and ugly.

The Shetland Tea Shawl - blocking. Absoeffinglutely (a technical term) beautiful - I didn't even get bored in the end, I just couldn't wait to block it right from the first stitch. Three weeks exactly (if you take away the two nights spent camping sans knitting) start to finish. I simply could not put it down.

Next! As you know, I too have been thinking about the swingy coats (not the big circular phildar one everyone else is doing), this one:



And, while I'm at it, the Stella McCartney thing I like isn't the one Cameron Diaz has been wearing, it's this one (and there's a funnel necked one I can't find a picture of at this moment but it's good too):


So, in order to make one that won't make me look like the side of a bus (with bigger boobs), I bought the pattern for this:



I'm about to cast on in some recycled wool I bought ages ago when I first met Donni, and she was pimping yarn more vigorously. It's from the rare yarns company, and I was conned into buying 10 balls of it from her to go in a knitalong with her et al, for the wrap vest thing I didn't even really like much - and one she never made herself. (ssshh, she doesn't know I know). That seems like such a long time ago now, and we've become great friends - I'm not just a customer any more.

I also have some predictions for two current celebrity dilemmas.

Britney should adopt Anna Nicole's baby.
Lindsay Lohan should go out with Pete Doherty so Kate Moss can get back with Jefferson Hack.

Okay then, I'm off to knit. As you can see, I'm feeling a bit out of my mind today.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns