pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Goodbye 2005

2 Jan 2006

In 2005 I said some goodbyes. Some of them were very sad. I hope all of them are permanent.

Goodbye nicotine. I miss you already. But I was ashamed of you and hid you from everyone and you were not going to be a good friend to me in my old age, so I had to bid you adieu.

Goodbye Dairy Fat. What were you doing for me except making me look like Elvis? I mean apart from the magnificent mouth-feel of full dairy fat and the decadence of king island roaring forties blue, the crumbly mersey valley cheddar, the unctuous runny brie and the enticing stink of ambrosia. I love you, but our relationship must end.

Goodbye mindight. You were a constant companion for my insomniac knitting. The 2006 Ailsa goes to bed in the tens. Not in the ones like the 2005 Ailsa. That way there is a chance I will be able to get TWO kids off to school on time at least one day a week.

Goodbye pre-school children. My baby is going to big school in January. That part of my life is over. It has been the best time of my life, and I am devastated at the prospect of it being finished, but you can't hold back that clock no matter how hard you try. My little Blair will be putting on her uniform and wobbling off to kinder - looking like a turtle with her oversized backpack full of exciting goodies like lunchboxes and textas. If you're looking for me on the 29th Jan, I'll be inconsolably sobbing on the couch that day, clutching her favourite toy.

I wonder what hello's 2006 has in store for us?


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns