pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Silk Corset OFF THE NEEDLES!!!

17 Nov 2005

VOILA!



I'm going to put it on a dummy and take better photos at some stage over the weekend.

If you are thinking about making this top I strongly urge you to DO IT NOW. It's a treat.

STATS:
Pattern: Silk Corset by Annie Modisett ($5usd emailed in pdf - yay!).
Made with Avalanche yarn (Henry's Attic or the wool peddler).
Hand dyed by mine in a mixture of gaywool raspberry and ashford yellow.
Size 4 mm needle.

I then went lurking looking for something else to start.

This led me to the naughty cupboard. Which led me to re-arrange it. Which led me to learn a few things about my yarn stash.



Thing learned 1: I do not consider this amount of yarn excessive.

Thing learned 2: I would have told you I had no blue-green yarn and my stash was mostly pink. In fact, I have hardly any pink yarn and two shelves of blues and greens. Wierd.

Thing learned 3: I have moved all the oddments of yarn into a small shoe hanger and the entire balls into the larger hanger. Evil twin "you should throw everything in the left-hand hanger in the bin." As if I could throw good yarn away!

Thing learned 4: I must not buy bulk lots of yarn from ebay without knowing what I will use if for. There are three lots of this stuff in there which I know for certain I will NEVER use. It's acrylic, it's boucle, it's ugly and I won't be touching it.

Thing learned 5: I have a lot of crochet cotton. I don't know how it got there. Maybe I have an evil twin.

To the right is a hanging assortment of scarves and finished items that hardly ever see the light of day. Some need frogging. See the little pinky-red baby kimono cardigan hanging up? It never did get to it's intended recipient. And the french market bag should be renamed le petite french market bag as it is tiny compared to the real thing. The picture's dark because it was night time.

Anyway there it is. Flashed. You would think I would find this cathartic but I do not.

What did I start on in the end? I got the Madil Kid Seta in the teal out and began my bastardised version of Kim Hargreaves' Flourish.

Must go now, boring self to sleep.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns