pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Back to earth with a bump

14 Nov 2005

Our holiday was so good I came home saying "I am never going to drink alcohol again -or at least not for a really long time". I even said "I have had enough of cheese and pate".

Then I got on the scales. Two point five kilos in five days. That's pretty good going - I could give that supersize me bloke a run for his money.

As you can imagine, we had a faboo time on the holiday. See Donni's blog for the pictures.

The best bit about the holiday was my birthday. I was having a sleep-in, and Louis kept coming back and forth into the cabin saying "don't follow me mummy" and "stay in bed mummy" and suchlike making me v suspicious. He came in at around 9 and said "you have to get up now and come next door".

When I went into Donni's cabin next door she had decorated it with streamers and there was a full buffet breakfast ready for us on the table, complete with champagne. The kids were hiding under the beds and jumped out yelling "suprise!!". Donni bought me a gorgeous pink bracelet and a homemade soap bar. And she made me a cake! That is the first homemade birthday cake I have ever been made in my entire life (mum was a bought cake woman). It was possibly the only suprise I have ever had on my birthday since being married. What a great start to a great day. I wish I had taken a photo.

In the evening we went to the opening of a new restaurant just a stroll down a sandy path from our cabin. The whole lot of us went, 4 kids and 4 adults. We had delicious steak and seafood and wine and creme caramels and coffee and liqueur and the kids had nuggets, chips and salad, ice cream and flavouring and lemonades. The bill came to $110 for the lot. Obviously they made a mistake. But Alan and Steve tipped generously anyway and it was opening night. Yay for free birthday food!!

Finally, because of Donni's comments about the incongruity of the room standards between our cabins we got a $120 credit to use on our next booking. I'm thinking a midweek or weekend knitting retreat in Jan/Feb. Any takers??


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns