pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

The silk road

22 Dec 2007


I love the Australian craft blogs - I think they're the best in the world. I like that they're too cool to be caught dead in starbucks. I like that they have Japanese influences and European influences, I like that they are uncompromising and don't dumb it down. I like that they don't serve it up like McDonald's. I like low-key way they talk about their works, letting it speak for itself. The presence of humour, rare in the really serious craft blogs, is always welcome, always encouraged, and always appreciated. By me anyhow.

Specifically, there's this one incredibly talented, funny and kind of scarily cool Australian crafter whose blog I have liked for a long time. One of the it bloggers, if you will; one named Poppalina.

She's been knitting with a laceweight silk yarn. The pearlescent lustre and colour appealed to me so much I emailed her and asked her from whence it came, for I wanted to buy some for myself.

And so it ensued that this Poppalina ticks ALL the boxes, for her generosity and friendliness has been remarkable. And so it ensued also, that I received a wonderful Christmas treat yesterday.

I have a plan for it. I see a trio of small doily like arrangements, framed, like a plate display. Over our bed possibly.

In the meantime though, it looks just as good on the cone.



Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns