pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

The way to my heart

3 Jul 2007



A cup of coffee and a good yarn.


Thank you Dyann for getting it all so right. Stitchy McYarnpants kitschy stitches is hilarious, the scarf is beautiful (see I wore it yesterday?) the yarn is so my taste - I see a pair of textured socks in there somewhere.

The best thing though has to be the coffee mug. It is really gorgeous. Long, 'waisted', the incredible bark-like texture at the bottom, beautiful glaze of ambiguous colour (almost grey, almost beige with the perfect amount of darker hotspots like a caramelised apple). And so BIG! Perfect for my jumbo sized heart starters.

What I like the most about it is that you made it. When I hold it I think, I 'know' who made this, and it makes it feel very special. Also, it doesn't hurt that the finish is so professional!

And no god-awful chocolate as a 'filler'. Which I'd still eat but regret later.

I have been thinking of getting a range of Denby pottery - I hope you do commissions - because I've totally changed my mind. Your mug is far superior to the Denby I've had my eye on.

Thank you Dyann, your gift was perfect.

Labels:


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns