pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Boudicea

24 Apr 2007


Years ago, my teenage runaway sister had a budgie she named 'fellatio'. Something went wrong (as it happens) in a rental flat somewhere and she ended up living back at home. The budgie came home with her.

My mum spent a lot of time wandering around the house calling 'fellatio, fellatio' in a high pitched sing song voice when we let the thing out for a fly around. My sister and I (nine months and six weeks apart in age) spent a lot of time pissing ourselves laughing at her. As did dad as I recall.

How did she find out? She went to lunch with the David Jones china and glass ladies (where she worked) and told them stories of fellatio's antics. I presume someone informed her there. She was not amused. This only made the whole situation funnier.

There was a song on the radio called 'space invaders' and I remember she thought it was 'baked potatoes'.

We thought she was such a dork.

It is a sad fact that I'm sure she hexed us many times over the years, for I believe that every day I get more like her.

For example: I thought that Nancy Bush was George's wife. Not for a long time, mind, but for long enough for it to be embarrassing.

There's a song on the radio - it goes, 'suddenly I see, this is what I want to be, suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me' - it's not a great song.

There is a line in it 'got the power to be, the power to give, the power to be the power to see yeah yeah'

I thought it was 'got the power to see the power to be the power to give the power of Boudicea'

I like my version better. But I am still becoming a dorky mother.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns