pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Brought a tear to my eye

18 Dec 2006

This email reproduced with kind permission from it's recipient, the beautiful Nikita, lawyer extraordinaire at my workplace. It is from her dad. Jesse is his grandson.

I am still trying to believe that this really happened!...
I'll tell you all about it. But first a little history.
When Jesse started violin I spent a bit of time recording many violin pieces, solos and so on for him to listen to. Among them was Haydn's Op 3. No. 5 'Serenade'. As this is one of my all time favorite pieces of music I developed the fanciful idea that it would be great, -Magnificent even. If Jesse were to one day play this for me. I sent away and obtained the sheet music on which I drew a cartoon and gave it to Jesse. Well that was in '99 and the thought still lingered , more or less as a nice dream.
Today I attended an end of the year concert conducted by Jess' teacher,and,You guessed it... A total surprise!
" Backed by the other members of the quartet. Jesse Morley will now play a piece which he dedicates to his grandfather. Haydn's Serenade"!

I was not the only one who shed tears during this, Very very beautiful!
Love to all. Dad.


Merry Christmas everyone ....



Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns