pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

16 Dec 2006

The rabbit chewed through 7 vital connections in the home network/tv business at home this week. Husband was not pleased. Am blogging on a wing and prayer connection. There are no batteries for the camera - every time I go out I keep meaning to get some but forgot...

There have been knitting tragedies I cannot speak of. Luckily, some projects are doing okay. The easy ones.

Luckily I was tagged, so I'll do the meme and then I'll sign off till after Christmas and New Year when I'll be undergoing a re-brand of the blog. 2007 is going to spell CHANGE for pick-up-sticks ....

Egg nog or hot chocolate? Ugh to both. Mulled wine please.

Does Father Christmas wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Father Christmas wraps with care, co-ordinated ribbons and bows and boxes and matchy matchy. But he always runs out of paper on the big box at the end and leaves a little peep window.

Coloured lights on tree/house or white? White.

Do you hang mistletoe? No - I'm not climbing up a gum tree that high this time of year, I might catch fire.

When do you put up your decorations? December 1 is the target, but it varies in reality.

What's your favourite Christmas dish? Bread sauce, hands down.

Favourite Christmas memory as a child? We slept out in a tent in the backyard when I was about six or so. I remember the excitement, of not being able to sleep, of being half afraid of the dark and half dying with anticipation in seeing Santa. We woke up at about 3am and went inside to open our presents. Dad got up and yelled at us. Still, it was good while it lasted.

When and how did you learn the truth about Father Christmas? There were some older boys we used to walk to school with, and they told me 'santa's not real, it's your mum and dad'. I was kinda bemused, I don't think I ever did ACTUALLY believe in santa. It probably didn't help that one Christmas Eve I was awoken by the sound of mum and dad playing with our toys under the tree!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. But I might start that tradition when the kids grow out of santa.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Different every year, this year it's gelato coloured (mainly pistachio green and pink) and it's my favourite ever.

Snow! Love it or dread it? WTF this has to do with Christmas has got me beat. We usually go to the beach for a swim and lie in front of the air-conditioning vent after christmas dinner, watching raging bushfires on tv news.

Can you ice skate? I have no idea. Is it hard?

Do you remember your favourite gift? My favourite gift was a magnetic poetry kit when I was in London, probably around 1995-1996. There were three of us Aussie girls 'orphaned' over there and we stayed together on Christmas Eve and had champagne and stilton on croissants for breakfast. We sat in our jammies on the kitchen tiles and wrote rude poems on the fridge - it was a kind of liberated not to have any family commitments and to be necking champagne at that hour.

What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Keeping the peace. - ie: making sure no-one in my family gets drunk and has an argument.

What's your favourite Christmas dessert? There is only one Christmas dessert for me, trifle.

What's your favourite Christmas tradition? Leaving out the cake, carrots, water and beer or soft drink for santa and the reindeer.

What tops your tree? A slightly loony cone shaped multicoloured snipped tin santa. Last year it was a very serious angel, usually it is a silver star.

Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? It's a 50/50 split.

What's your favourite Christmas song? Hate Bing. Hate jazzy carols. Love choir boys and gregorian chanters. Favourite non-religious: little drummer boy. Favourite religious carol: gloria

Candy canes? Never bought one, never eaten one. Probably never will.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns