pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Breaking my own rules

22 Aug 2005




I'm not much of a rules person. In fact, I particularly hate being told what to do. I don't read instructions, and if I don't agree with doing something I just won't do it. I don't much believe in doctors - I think you tell them what's wrong with you and then they either confirm or reject your theory. I am a firm believer that it won't get better if you pick it. I reckon we as a society are obsessed with having medical conditions and the majority of the allergies and food intolerances we suffer from are a load of crap. I am fully aware that there are certain anaphalactic allergies which are deadly - and I am not talking about those. I'm talking the increasing number of other ones, you know the ones nobody had time for in the 70's and 80's?

I reckon too often we have a bad day and somehow relate that to something medical. We beleive that any sort of pain, even mild discomfort, means there is something wrong with us and therefore it must be treated by a physician or a painkiller. I beleive the pharmaceutical companies plan and devise conditions in order to sell their products. I think you can get all of your vitamins from your food, if we would just cut up and cook more vegetables from the ground, not from a plastic bag.

So, when I started this blog I vowed there were three things I would NEVER do.

Thing 1: I will not post boring pictures of me and my children doing everyday things. When I look at a picture of my children I go all gooey in the middle because they share my dna. Nobody else gives a toss.

Thing 2: I will not blog about my health. People who blog unnecessarily about their health are malingerers. I don't have any health problems worth blogging about.

Thing 3: I will not blog about my weight. If I really wanted to become thin I would eat less and exercise more. It ain't rocket science, and I have no-one to blame but myself for overdoing the cheese plate and underdoing the treadmill. There is nothing about my weight which is even mildly blogworthy.

But of course, because I don't like being told what to do I can't even tell myself what to do, so here goes breaking all three of my own rules.

Breaking Rule 1

Went to a birthday party on the weekend. Blair got the fairy dress out again. We all had a wonderful time, and I took some pictures for the blog.

Breaking Rule 2
I have a lump in my right breast about the size of an orange. (I have huge bazookas). I have had a mammogram and an ultrasound and both results said it was just a thickening of breast tissue, not even a cyst, just a lumpy bit of breast. It gets shooting pains in it and cannot be touched at all during the last week of my cycle. It is located toward the outer part of my breast and therefore makes my right breast look like it starts somewhere under my armpit and also makes the right one significantly bigger than the left one.

I have been told that it the only course of action I have available is to have a breast reduction but that it would be purely cosmetic and therefore not covered by medicare. My private health insurance has just cancelled all support for cosmetic procedures, and the quote I have says it will be in the vicinity of ten grand to have it done. Oh how I wish I had a spare ten thousand dollars. I am obsessed with finding ways to make ten thousand dollars. I think about this situation every day when I get dressed and hate what I see when I put my HUGE bra on.

Breaking Rule 3

Summer is in the air. Spring clothes are on the racks. Swimwear is appearing in the department stores. Fashion magazines are heralding the new collections of skirts, sleeveless tops, floaty blouses and strappy heels.

Thank god the caftan is in.



Knitting content: Nil. The mystery shawl is coming along but I haven't been working on anything else. I did bid on some cotton yarn on ebay though. Damn you ebay you temptress! I am going to make the silk corset in the silk I got recently from the wool peddler but I need to dye it first.


NOTE: If you suffer from one of the allergies I don't believe in, or if you have a condition that I think is bunkum, please be advised that I am not so much of a narrow minded halfwit not to be aware that it is possible that I could be wrong. And what does it matter what I think anyway? I ain't no doctor myself.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns