pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Have I ever mentioned that I am an Accountant?

9 Jun 2005

Well I am one. And not only by profession, I am an accountant by nature.

You would think this would make me excellent with money. Not so. It makes me unafraid of debt risk - which is not the same thing.

By accountant by nature I mean that I have to classify objects. All the cans in the cupboard have to be in lines. All the glass jars of stuff have to be together. The fridge has to be organised. The spices must be aligned. Sad though I know it is, everything in the house must be classified according to the secret system that I alone understand. All other systems are wrong. So, husband of mine, don't think about trying to put the groceries away - you don't understand the system. And the system is important. Very.

Interestingly enough, I don't care if the beds are unmade, the laundry is in a pile on the laundry floor or the dishwasher needs stacking. But woe-betide anyone who messes up the pantry.

Please don't tell me this is a rare form of mental illness. People already deeply suspect this about me.

Anyway, back on the accountant business. I have not been working for a few months as I am taking a break to be the mummy at home. Which I really really love. Every day feels like playing hooky.

But next week I'm doing a little consultancy thing for my old work. This means I'll have a chance to sort out the email bounce you may be experiencing. It also means that I may be neglecting the blog a little, it may be a test of my commitment to it.

I am working on a shrug from a patttern I made up. It's coming out pretty decently so far, I'm hoping to get a pic of me shrugging in the shrug up here this weekend. I love shrugs. Not sure how they go with my big fedoobadas, but I love shrugs anyway.

Off to knit now.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns