pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Is it too boring to blog about the weather?

6 Mar 2005

There is a change in the air. The winds are coming up a little chillier in the evenings. The hot north-easterlies have dissipated. Everything is a little crisper, a little clearer.

Quite the opposite of most of the bloggers I read! Oh how jealous I am of the picturesque snowscapes you all have out of your windows. So, I am posting a blog today about the weather here on the East Coast of Australia, as Clapotis is still not finished and I refuse to start anything else until she is done.

This time of year always makes me wish I had somehow gotten more 'summer' out of my 'summer'. It was with this in mind that I got myself out of bed early this Sunday morning, and took myself here, just to milk that last bit of summer out of summer. .
I even had a swim, so I wouldn't feel 'beach ripoff' when I got home.

My son goes to Surf Club every Sunday morning. It is his first year at what they call nippers. The Surf Clubs are a national body, run mainly by volunteers whose aim is to improve and encourage surf safety and lifesaving skills in the community. The clubs also compete in surf club events such as board racing, run-swim-runs, sand sprints, surf runs and rescue-resuscitation as well as the Iron Man challenges. As the kids get older, they patrol the beaches at weekends and public holidays in teams. But right now, Little Louis just does it for the fun. Here's a shot of father and son doing their Sunday thing.
.

And last but not least, I found the phone. Hanging up in my wardrobe, of course.

Too bad I already bought another one as we had been looking for it for five days. Somewhere in this house a poltergeist is laughing his ass off, because I certainly don't remember putting the bloody thing there!

Clapotis is coming along. I have done nine repeats of the centre section but I don't have any pictures to add right now as everyone has seen Clapotis at all stages of finished. When she's done, I'll show you.

I subscribed to Interweave Knits today, and can't wait for the spring edition to arrive. I am SO making the shrug on the cover!!!!!


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns