pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

"Hate Purple"

14 Feb 2005


"Hate Purple" Posted by Hello
Eliza by Rowan is finished.

I have frogged and re-knitted the sleeves three times. I have unpicked and re-sewed the seams three times. I'm still not so happy with the seams and may unpick and re-sew them again.
But the most frustrating thing is that I have to wait until Spring issue of knitty to find out how to 'pick up and knit' along a curved edge. Until then, the neck remains crocheted.

What did the gorgeous model say when I asked her to put it on? "Hate Purple". Of course you do darling. After all, you chose the colour yourself. This mothering business is such a thankless task.

Mustn't grumble. Tomorrow I shall share my progress in the neverending Clapotis yarn search. I may just have to bite the bullet and order the Lion & Lamb from America.

In the meantime I am endlessly knitting side-to-side in garter stitch trying to make a long cross-fronted jackety thing out of snippets of a pattern, snippets of a picture and an idea of my own. I will let you know how it progresses, but until it looks a bit more presentable she stays under wraps.

Did someone say Valentines' Day?


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns