pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

36D so what - is that all that you've got?

2 Sept 2007

Awards given to the first person to tell me where I got the title of this post from.
No googling - I'll be able to tell.

Anyway, you might recall me discussing the state of my breasts on this blog in the past. I have a mass in my right breast, it's not cancer, it's not a cyst, it's just a big lump of breast tissue sitting in the wrong place, giving me an assymetry which is neither attractive nor desirable to anyone.

There are other issues too, but I won't bore you with the details.

Periodically, I fork out a fortune to go and see a surgeon to discuss my options. The last time I went I saw a doctor who said he was going to perform a horrible operation that involved cutting my nipples off and placing them in saline while he removed a lot of tissue and then repositioned them - the prospect wasn't appealing to me at all, not to mention the risk of losing them altogether was too high for me to consider it.

Anyway, last Thursday I went to see another doctor. He was extremely - umm - well he oozed credibility and compassion. He indicated that the previous advice I was given was (he asked the name of the doctor, thought carefully, and said 'that would be quite um, conservative an approach' - you know there's a club and they don't ever criticise one another, like the police).

So I'm going to do it. In October. I've cancelled a girl's weekend in Surfers for our combined 40th birthdays in November for it - and I'm as scared as anything.

So, new boobs for my 40th! What a great present.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns