pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Sad Song Wednesday - REGRET

29 Aug 2007

Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone.


This week's sad song theme is Regret. Realising that you should have done more, said more, appreciated more and paid more attention to the person you loved. And now they've gone, and it's too late. This is a recurring theme in many a sad song.

Nominees in this category include: Bryan Ferry's 'Jealous Guy' - Elvis Presley's 'Always on my mind'.

And when she goes, she usually leaves the pots and pans behind.

The winners this week are tied, between the well known 'good year for the roses' and the less familiar but awfully sad 'Honey I'm a big boy now' by the sad song meister Billy Bragg. If you haven't heard it, you should go out and buy 'talking with the taxman about poetry' immediately.

Honey I'm a big boy now - Billy Bragg

I can see the kitchen light
From the road where I park my bike
But its dark there as it often is these days
And the gloomy living room
Really needs a dust and a broom
But I cant brush your memory away

Her father was an admiral
In someone elses navy
And she had seen the world before I met her
She would wash and cook and clean
And all the other things between
And like a fool I just sat there and let her

Chorus:
Now I can feed and wash and dress myself
And I can sleep without the light on
Honey, Im a big boy now
I dont know what she does with all the money that I sent her
Shes running round the town with the young pretender

I havent touched the garden
Since the day she walked away
From a love affair that bore only bitter fruit
She took everything she wanted
Which is why she left me here
With these pots and pans and my old wedding suit

A letter came one morning
That she would not let me see
And from that day I began to realise
That she would one day break
The home we tried to make
For sinners cannot live in paradise




I had trouble coming up with a song from a female singer on this topic - anybody?


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns