pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

The obsession with lace goes on .....

3 Jul 2006

If there ever was an ideal opportunity to encourage one's OCD tendencies, a pursuit where in fact the more obsessive you are the more successful the results, then surely lace knitting is it.

I am completely unable to stop thinking about lace knitting. I'm not much of a designer, but I can't stop looking at lace patterns. The Heirloom Knitting website sends me into raptures. I'm absolutely enthralled by it.

Anyway, on my web clicking travels today, I came along this story.

I really want to make a swatch board like the one in this picture. I can't think of anything more inspiring than a wall of lace swatches hanging over the computer while I'm doing my blog thing or my pattern searching thing.

When the books I've ordered from Amazon arrive, that's one of the first things I'm going to do, start a swatch board.

I'm mid-projects at the minute, it gives me an unpleasant feeling, a bit like sort of waiting for something mildly exciting to happen. It's familiar to you all I'm sure, I know I should really finish a WIP, or use some stash yarn, but sometimes those new shiny things just take all your attention, don't they?

I am awaiting some packages too, which is always fun, the books mentioned, some yarn from Be Sweet, my knitter's tea swap parcel and I'm about to order some zephyr.

And Donni made me a beautiful pair of socks - with beads! Thank you Donni they're
great mate.

I've got to go and entertain these kids right now, it's school holidays and we're going to visit grandma. (There may be a sleepover involved if I play my cards right).

Ciao bellas.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns