pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Social engagements and unleashing the inner dag

19 Jun 2006


It never rains but it pours on this little black duck's dancecard.
On Friday night, the girls from work and I went to seen Bjorn Again.

It was a little lame to tell the truth (imagine that!) and I think most of it wasn't even live. However, that didn't stop me from spontaneously bawling when they sang 'Thank you for the music'. Unleashing my inner dag indeed.

On Saturday, to celebrate in advance my victory in challenge 1 of the amazing lace (can I get and agent now?), I took the laces to the races!



And we shall speak no more of this project, you have my word.

I love the races. It kind of encapsulates a good Catholic's perfect day out - full of alcohol fuelled betting! Anyway, we didn't come away with any extra money, but we kind-of broke even which means for a cheap and honest day out. Marvellous result.

Had a call recently from a friend from Brisbane, wanting to 'book' our spare rooms for her, her husband and her four beautiful daughters to stay with us for a few days at the end of the month. In typical form for this fabulous friend, it appears she's also organised a dinner party at my house for the Thursday night.

She's even extended invitations. Last night I got a call from another mutual friend confirming the arrangements, and indicating the size of the guest list. These are all high school mates, we've known each other for years and have been through what I like to call 'thick and thick' together. Our most binding agent is wine. I'm looking forward to it, but I think I'll have to call in sick on the Friday.

AMAZING LACE UPDATE

I'm sitting out the amazing lace challenge 2, in order to give the others a chance. I did try an Xtreme entry, but I thought it a bit crap, so I didn't enter it.

I've started a print-o-the wave stole for my second team-mate, a kind of mini version. It's looking good so far, although there's only two repeats done of the main pattern.

Challenge 3 involves writing a poem. I'll have to think that one over. I might be a poet, but as yet I don't know it.


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns