pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

Felt up!

22 Mar 2005

Do you remember how excited I was about the felted slipper then quickly moving on to french market bag? My confidence in being able to translate a pattern from knit to crochet without
even thinking too much about it?
How the weekend turned out:

FRIDAY NIGHT
Went to a friends house to de-stress and de-stressed about 3 bottles of wine.

SATURDAY NIGHT
My first crochet slipper was ENORMOUS before the wash. After the wash it was still enormous. but looked like a massive oven mitt for a sasquatch. Disaster 1.
duh Posted by Hello

Decided to abandon the crochet and knit the slipper instead.

SUNDAY
After wrestling with knitting in the round for the first time, I finally finished two slippers.
These are my husbands feet in the pre-felted knitty slippers. Posted by Hello


I was so excited! Even thought they were a bit rough, I thought the felting would sort them out. Ha.


LATE SUNDAY NIGHT
You can take this felting business and shove it where the sun don't shine.
Washable wool doesn't felt. I knew that. But I didn't know I had knit half of one slipper with washable wool did I?
 Posted by Hello


LATER SUNDAY NIGHT
The other one fared a little better in the felting wash. But, I can't take a picture of it because it is shore urrrgly and will probably break the camera.

EVEN LATER SUNDAY NIGHT
I checked the labels on the great violet, lime and turquose yarn I bought for the french market bag. You guessed it - machine washable. Anybody want it?

I felt (knitting pun, ha ha) like a failure. And this sock thing was supposed to cheer me up.

So that's why I say to all you skilled sock knitters - FELT UP!

EARLY MONDAY MORNING
To regain some lost self-esteem I got old faithful out of the wip cupboard. The photo does nothing for the colour (it is a really nice lilac) but does show the pattern. It is a lace stole and I am looking forward to finishing this and blocking it. I felt better doing this - even if it was 1:00am in the morning. At least this scarf is not a disaster (yet) Posted by Hello


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns