pick up sticks

About
My Photo
Name: knitabulous
Location: Mt Keira, New South Wales, Australia

Free Patterns
Sideways Scallop Edged Scarf

Sideways Lace Scarf


Finished Items
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called finally finished. Make your own badge here.
Knitting Along

< < Previous | List Next>










<P} L | R |  J |  N>
Ringsurf
Knitting Alone
Knitspot Morning Glory Wrap Frost Flowers and Leaves Pomatomus Socks One Day
Sarcelle A different Phildar swing jacket - No 23A Donyale Socks

First the clap now sock fever

19 Mar 2005

I have never been interested in the sock. Never. If I came upon sock yarn, I would make a shawl with it. But something happened to me this week, I think it may be sock fever.

I think this is what caused it:

STRESSFUL WEEK
My son has had some problems at school (he was bullied) and I have been beside myself with worry. Consumed.

Anyway I wanted to make my boy a present because he's special. He wanted me to make him a present, because I think he's just copped on that almost everything I knit is pink and either gets given to his sister or some other dumb girl.

THE WEATHER
And then there was the weather. Summer breathed her last breath on us and even though it looks clear and sunny, there's a chill. My thoughts turned to the snuggly things - the fireplace, cocoa, you know that sort of stuff.

KNIT BLOGS
They make hours vanish. And they're all about socks.

I know, felted slippers! I had to make them. Immediately. (Forget cupboard full of WIP). I sought knitty's advice. I cast on, and realised I don't know what dpn's are, I don't know how to join knitting so it's in the round, I have no idea what a short row is. I am an idiot. So, I sort of re-jigged the pattern for crochet instead. I am 1/3 through the biggest sock I have ever seen. It is hilarious. I don't know if it is going to turn out. I didn't swatch.


So, like a woman possessed, I ducked out at lunch from the office and bought some wool. And there's dpns in there too. This is going to be the felted French Market Bag. Apparently it teaches you some sock basics.  Posted by Hello


Add to Technorati Favorites
The endless craft magazine
Previous Posts
List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by knitabulous.
[Previous|Next|Random Site|List Sites]

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Design by
MDesigns